The Commercial (and in 2010 Community) broadcasters' joint venture companies have selected TX Australia Pty Limited (TXA) as their preferred national mainland metropolitan transmission facilities partner for DAB+ services.
The National broadcasters' DAB+ also originates from TXA facilities in Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth.
DAB+ radio services launched officially in Australia on Thursday 6 August 2009.
These services commenced from TXA sites as follows;
- TXA Artarmon Site NSW - commenced Thursday 16 July 2009
- Ornata Rd Site VIC - commenced Monday 11 May 2009
- T-Site QLD - commenced Monday 25 May 2009
- Crafers Site SA - commenced Monday 18 May 2009
- Carmel Site WA - Commenced Monday 4 May 2009
These high power digital radio services are transmitted on vertical polarisation with directional antenna patterns on VHF channel 9A.
For further information on digital radio, refer to Digital Radio Plus